Monday, February 18, 2013

Community Proposal

I live in the Auburn Gresham community and plan to find out what people in my community believe the American Dream is and what they do to gain their portion of it. In order to find these answers I will interview various people and build a portfolio of what local people believe the American Dream is really made up of.

Neighborhood Demographics
  • Entirely composed of African-Americans
  • Most citizens within my area are of working class.
Interview Candidates
  • Ms. Booz (Neighbor)
  • Owner of local corner store.
  • My mother
  • Simeon Students & Teachers
American Dream

The portion of The American Dream that I witness in my neighborhood is the desire to become wealthy through hard work. I expect to find individuals who will give me another perspective of what life is like in African-American communities. I expect to find people who have been faced with various challenges and how they triumphed or failed in meeting these challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment